Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday, October 3, 2011

General Announcements:
  • If you ever notice something missing or wrong on the blog, comment to let me know about it - I don't always have the whole picture. -Grace
  • Tue., 10/4: Minicourse #1 Signup sheets due if not turned in during class.

Humanities:
  • Due Tue., 10/4: First draft of position letter to the editor.
  • Due Wed., 10/5: Final draft of your constitution, edited using the rubric.

Math:
    All
  • Nada

Science:
  • Ничего
Español:
    Grade 8
  • Prueba el martes, 10/4 Vocab. quiz on words from "El Muchacho Pastor"

Moment of Zen:

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Emma Lazarus's famous verse takes on a different tone with a hungry monster in view. It's the New New Colossus.

Click above to see more 1970s Japanese postcards featuring monsters attacking famous world landmarks. If you ever wanted to see a sea monster come out of a reflecting pool, this is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment