Thursday, February 12, 2009

8th Grade Project - Sample Journal Entries

These are samples of the type of journal entries you might make. (written in back section of L.A. journal) February 13, 2009 I'm so relieved to have the proposal writing finished. Hurrah! February 16, 2009 I'm really enjoying my Winter Break. It's hard for me to even think about the eight-grade project. It isn't due until some time in May. February 17, 2009 Today I decided to call my mentor to set up our first meeting time. I'm glad I did because she has a very busy schedule but was able to fit me in every other week for the next two months. February 18, 2000 I'm beginning to think that I chose the wrong project. My friends seem to have a much easier one to do. Mine is going to take so much of my time. I don't know how I will ever fit it in with my other commitments after school. February 20, It rained all day today so I decided to begin my research using the internet. I'm also making sure all the sources I print out are from reliable sites. I also started making my bibliography cards. It felt good to see the beginning of a stack of resources I can use. February 23, 2009 Mom said she would take me to the library while she did some errands. I had to hurry to find more resources and check them out before she came but I did it. I'm beginning to feel less nervous about this whole thing. It's starting to look doable - and maybe even fun. February 24, 2009 We had a "power lunch" today and I really liked hearing about the other projects being done. It was helpful to meet together. I hope we do this every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment